My aunt and cousins came from L.A for a visit and it was the first time for my cousins here in Amman, Jordan. My aunt wanted my cousins to try out a new adventure here in Jordan so she booked for us three days full of adventure, starting from the Rose City “Petra” then camping in the beautiful desert of Wadi Rum and ending the adventure at the sunny beach of Aqaba. Our adventure started at 6 am O.o we reached Petra at almost 10 am, I kinda fell asleep so I didn’t really feel the long trip.
Once we reached and payed the entrance fee, we had to walk for almost 15 minutes just to reach the entrance that leads to a dark, narrow gorge called the Siq “the shaft” and its another 15 minutes walk, its a natural geological feature formed from a deep split in the sandstone rocks and serving as a waterway flowing into Wadi Musa. At the end of the Siq stands Petra’s most elaborate ruin, Al Khazneh popularly known as “the Treasury”.
At the foot of the mountain there is a massive theater, placed as to bring the greatest number of tombs within view. We actually sneaked inside the theater to take pictures. Below are some pictures my aunt took during our visit.
On the way back we were too tired to walk so we ride horses instead, I had so much fun especially when the bedouin owner of the horse taught me a couple of tricks about horses. And for the first time I let my horse run fast, my heart beat was so loud that I could barely hear. When I saw my aunt I realized that the adventure just started… Follow my blog too know what’s gonna happen at our next adventure 😉
- Wadi Rum and Petra (jordanadventures.wordpress.com)
- Southern Excursion: Wadi Rum and Petra (jordaninjordan2013.wordpress.com)
- The Rose City (daniakhader.wordpress.com)
- Jordan: A Journey Back in Time (ohthepeopleyoumeet.com)
- Petra (aishaditta.wordpress.com)
- A Taste of Petra (jmecasec2013.wordpress.com)
- 11 Countries in 1 year & 7 months. (dawnkealing.com)
- Petra (kjandersen.wordpress.com)
- Jordan (marcopolopaloalto.wordpress.com)
- The Monastery of Petra, Jordan (soletravelingmama.com)