I’ve been going through my family pictures of last years vacation in the Philippines, and I had to share this info about the most adorable animal called “Tarsier”.
Philippine Tarsier Sanctuary is located in Bohol island in the Philippines. The cutest and the smallest primate I have ever seen. the guide explained to us that the male tarsier is usually larger than the female and their eye sockets are larger than their brain case and bigger than their stomach. So basically they are all eyes ( 😛 )
As we entered the forest our guide asked us to keep quite and we were not allowed to take pictures with flash because a tarsier is a very sensitive little creature and might attempt suicide when frightened.
We got really lucky to see a female tarsier carrying her baby.
and another male tarsier smiling to the camera 😀
- My Birthday August 24, 2012 in Bohol (bluecrystal248.wordpress.com)
- Death toll in Philippine quake nearing 200 (channelnewsasia.com)
- Bohol’s Tarsier Sanctuary (eagerexplorer.wordpress.com)
- No tarsier hurt in Bohol quake (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Death toll in Bohol quake nearing 200 (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Remembering Bohol. (greatgreths.wordpress.com)
- Philippine quake death toll rises to 172 (skynews.com.au)
- Bohol: Falling In Love (xyam.wordpress.com)
- 15 rescued in Bohol, 1 missing (rappler.com)