The Petronas Twin Towers are the tallest twin skyscrapers in the world, located in the center of Kuala Lumpur the capital of Malaysia, but they are the second tallest buildings, the number one tallest building is Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE. The buildings’ foundation is known to be the deepest foundation in the world. The foundation alone took 12 months to complete, while the whole building was completed after six years. It consists of 88 floors designed to resemble motifs found in the Islamic art which reflected Malaysia’s religion. A shopping mall, Suria KLCC, and Dewan Filharmonik Petronas are located below the towers.
Suria KLCC is a large shopping center located blow the towers which consist of 400 stores, supermarket (Isetan, Parkson Grand, Cold Storage), cinema, food court and Marks and spencer. The name Suria is actually a Malay word taken from the Sanskrit word “Surya” which means sunshine.
Dewan Filharmonik Petronas is Malaysia’s first concert hall for amazing classic music which is also located at the feet of the towers. The hall is built in the shape of a jewel box that has 885 seats.
- Where to go and what to do in Kuala Lumpur (wheretogowhattodoinkl.wordpress.com)
- Kuala Lumpur,Petronas Twin Towers (cynz808blog.wordpress.com)
- Petronas Twin Towers (wagonwheeler.wordpress.com)
- Petronas Tower (merylgladys.wordpress.com)
- A Stopover in KL: Petronas Twin Towers and KLCC Park (eagerexplorer.wordpress.com)
- Kuala Lumpur, Petronas Twin Towers (nomadicnaomi.wordpress.com)