If you’re a fan of bird watching trust me this birds park will blow your mind off, located in the center of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The first thing you will notice is the way the gate was designed. To be honest, I felt like I was in Jurassic Park with all the metal chains and the way the gates were locked to keep the birds from getting out.
You will come across more than 3000 birds representing more than 200 species, even Harry Potter’s owl “Hedwig”. The birds park is a part of The Lake Garden and it’s considered as one of the world’s largest covered bird parks.
The park is divided into 4 main zones. Zone 1 and 2 are the free flight zone, were everyone can feed the birds and children can play and run around with them. Zone 3 is the hornbill park, a hornbill is a tropical bird known for its colorful horn on top of its beak. Zone 4 is where the birds are placed in separate cages and mini aviaries. The Bird Park is also known to be the largest walk-in free-flight aviary in the world.
- KL Bird Park – A Dose of Nature! (indianbudgetbackpacker.wordpress.com)
- Kuala Lumpur – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (travelpod.com)
- Malaysia: Dugout Canoes in Borneo to Formula 1 Racing in Kuala Lumpur (examiner.com)
- Bird Park (tareyton1998.wordpress.com)
- Playing Alice with poultry and peafowl. Prinknash Bird Park (jellyspoons.wordpress.com)
- Into Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur (hayleyandwill.wordpress.com)
- Malaysia- Kuala Lumpur (sisterhoodofthetravellingbloggers.wordpress.com)
- Jurong Bird Park (amaliafinalyearproject.wordpress.com)